Advanced Medical and Public Health Summit
Learn and practice life-saving techniques with doctors in the developing world
Learn from experts in global health
Work with practicing physicians, medical school professors, scientific researchers, and global health advocates.
Take advantage of cutting edge technology
Use virtual reality to step into a clinic in Nigeria and help physicians diagnose their patients
Explore the nation's capital with exclusive tours
Explore the nation's capital and get exclusive tours of the National Institute of Health, Red Cross, and Department of Health.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit
The Advanced Medical and Public Health Summit is a 7-day program at Georgetown University. This first-of-its-kind program that pairs motivated high school students with medical pioneers from across the globe with the goal of training the next generation of doctors in the fields of emergency room medicine, surgery, medical research and sports medicine.
In this accelerated apprenticeship, students will spend 7 days working with medical and health professionals, visiting top medical facilities and becoming certified in First Aid, CPR, & AED.
Students will receive their choice of specialized training from Washington, D.C. emergency room doctors, cardiothoracic surgeons, National Institute of Health research staff or NFL sports trainers.
For their final project, students will study the six most common diseases in developing countries across the globe with Doctors Without Boards and will examine a patient in sub-Saharan Africa with a doctor in real time using Microsoft’s Oculus Rift technology.
Duration: 7 days
July 22nd-July 28th
July 29th-August 4th
Location: Washington, DC
An Unparalleled Educational Experience
2018 Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit
All Inclusive Tuition Cost-$3250
|Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit||July 22nd-July 28th||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available||$3250|
|Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit||July 29th-August 4th||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available||$3250|
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 1
- Arrive On Campus And Meet Student Partners From Around The World.
- Receive An Overview Of The Six Different Diseases You Will Be Asked To Diagnose.
- Meet With Officials From Doctors Without Borders.
- Meet With Members Of Medical Schools To Learn About Applying To Medical School And Residency.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 2
- Learn How To Properly Interview A Patient Via A Simulation.
- Meet With A Doctor From The Developing World And Learn About Their Lives.
- Learn Basic Medical Techniques With Advanced Technology.
- Practice Emergency Diagnosis And Medical Technique With Simulation Equipment.
- Become Certified By The Red Cross In CPR, First Aid, And AED.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 3
- Exclusive Tours Of Georgetown Hospital.
- Observe A Live Surgery At Georgetown Hospital.
- Experience Washington D.C. By Traveling To THe Supreme Court And Capitol Hill.
- Learn How To Examine A Witness And Work With Our Nigerian Development Consultant.
- Tour The National Institute of Health, The Center for Disease Control, The Red Cross, And More.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 4
- Learn about the Life of a Nigerian Doctor Face to Face via a Skype Interview
- Discover Issues with Healthcare Systems in both America and Nigeria
- Work With A Team To Deal With Your Own Public Health Epidemic.
- Tour The MedStar Simulation Training And Education Lab.
- Learn About Ethical Conflicts In The Medical Field And Hear From Real Patients Whose Lives Have Been Profoundly Changed By Doctors.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 5
- Discover Your Field of Speciality.
- Observe The Daily Lives Of General Doctors And Nurses.
- Learn How To Draw Blood, Use Forceps, Take Blood Pressure, And More.
- Perform A Head-To-Toe Examination Of A Patient.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 6
- Diagnose a Nigerian Patient In Real Time Via Google Glass technology.
- Explore Georgetown’s Shops, Restaurants, And Famous Regions.
- Visit The National Zoo, The US Botanical Garden, And More.
- Meet With Experts From Various Fields In An Exclusive Career Fair.
Advanced Medical & Public Health Summit Day 7
- Ceremony For Program Awards.
- Say Goodbyes And Have Fun With The LI Staff In A Sumo Wrestling Competition.
- Experience The Beauty Of Georgetown University On A Walking Tour.
- Receive A College Application Seminar From Representatives Of Top Colleges.
- Learn About International Business Alliance Program And How To Start Your Own Team.