Advanced Law and Trial Internship
A unique opportunity for immersion in the U.S. legal system
Take a Tour
Gain real experience working on a court case
Learn what it takes to be an attorney in the 21 st century
Study with leading experts of U.S. Law.
Study with top professors and practioners of U.S. Law in the nation's capital
Build your resume with a Law Internship
Start your law education and receive three letters of recommendation
Ride a long with Police officers
Get a front row seat to understand all aspects of the criminal justice system
Meet with law school admission experts
Become an ideal candidate for acceptance into the country's top Law Schools.
Advanced Law & Trial Internship Summit
The Advanced Law and Trial Internship is a first of its kind program that pairs motivated high school students with public defendants and clients for hands-on experience with real cases. In this accelerated internship students will spend 10 days preparing a defense for a current court case to be tried in the Fall of 2018. Students will sift through arrest documents, look at the evidence, and speak with the defendant.
Throughout the internship, students will connect with top law professors and leading attorneys about their case. They will prepare opening and closing statements, as well as strategies for the trial. On the final day, students will present their evidence and reasoning of strategies to the public defender, client, and a trial judge. Successful teams will get their ideas implemented during the case and names placed in court documents as a member of the research team.
Duration: 10 days
June 24th-July 3rd
July 21st-July 30th
Location: Washington, DC
An Unparalleled Educational Experience
2018 Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit
All Inclusive Tuition Cost-$3750
*Registration Before March 1st, $3500
|Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit||June 24th-July 3rd||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available|
|Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit||July 21st-July 30th||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available|
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 1
- Arrive On Campus Meet Student Partners From Around The World.
- Meet With Law Program Partners And Team Leads.
- Work With On-Site Legal Experts To Understand Your Client's Case.
- Start Working With College Admissions Experts For future Applications.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 2
- Work Directly With DC Police And DC Attorneys To Review The Laws Of Your Case.
- Meet Your Real-Life Client And The Defense Attorney You Will Be Partnered With For The Program.
- Partake in College Admissions panel with experts from: Dartmouth, Georgetown, Harvard, University of Virginia, American University, UCLA, Stanford and more.
- *Fun Event-Sumo Wrestling.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 3
- Law School Admissions Panel With Experts From Dartmouth, Georgetown, Harvard, University of Virginia, American University, UCLA, Stanford And More.
- Speaker And Mentor Sessions With Top DC Prosecutors And Defense Attorneys.
- Learn Case Strategies From Georgetown’s Top Law Professors
- Meet With Individuals Who Have Been Wrongly Convicted Of A Crime And Learn About The Affect It Has Had On Their Lives.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 4
- Specialized Tours Of The U.S. Supreme Court, FBI And The Department Of Corrections.
- Capitol Lunch Event On The Capitol Steps.
- Exclusive Tour Of The FBI Or Pentagon Legal Department.
- Smithsonian Tours Of The Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, American History Museum And Natural History Museum.
- Learn How To Examine A Witness From Real Prosecutors And Defense Attorneys.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 5
- Legal Ethics Seminar With Georgetown’s Top Law Professors.
- Practice Your Team's Legal Strategies Against Georgetown Law Professors
- Meet With SAT/ACT Training Experts.
- Learn How To Create A Compelling Opening Statement From Dr. Jacob Arndt.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 6
- Speak With Legal And Bail Bonds Experts About Your Client's Case.
- Meet With Actual Law Students To Learn About What The First Year Of Law School Is Really Like.
- Courtroom Objections Lesson And Competition.
- Second Meeting With Client And Attorney To Exam Your Case.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 7
- Internship Fair-Students Meet With Top Interns And Create Internship Application Plan For Their Local Law Firms.
- Tour Of The Department of Forensic Science.
- Eat Lunch At The Tombs, The Most Famous Restaurant In Georgetown.
- Review Case strategy With A Real Prosecutor.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 8
- Practice Legal Presentation In Front Of Professional Legal And Communication Experts.
- Participate In A Mock Trial With A Real Judge and Prosecutor.
- Final Presentation Reviews And Advice Panel From Law Students.
- Learn About International Business Alliance Program And How To Start Your Own Team.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 9
- Final Presentation For Your Defense Case In Front Of Your Client, Their Attorney And A Judge.
- Georgetown Walking Tour.
- Pizza Party From DC's Famous Alberto's Pizzaria.
- Final Night Party With Karaoke, Tarot Card Reading, Water Sports And More.
Advanced Law and Trial Internship Summit Day 10
- Program Award Ceremonies.
- College Application Seminar.
- Sumo Wrestling Tournament.
- Closing Ceremony With Your New Best Friends.
Choose Your Legal Area Of Focus And Defense Team
We bring in specialized mentors, experts and instructors for each focus area
Program Tuition & Assistance
What our students are saying
I take pride in the work I do with Leadership Initiatives because the ideas I come up with and the decisions I make are of great value. I get to change someone’s life and that is what drives me every day. I have never stepped foot in Bauchi, Nigeria, but it is my goal to change lives for generations to come.
Taught new welding techniques and designed a logo for business partner
Leadership Initiatives opens doors for all those involved. For example, When I was accepted into Georgetown University, LI line up calls for me to speak with a professor about scholarship opportunities and a neurosurgeon to speak about medical school
Former LI student now attending University of Notre Dame
Because of my participation in the program, I have received SAT training, scholarship assistance, a mentor and will soon have my collage essays reviewed while I am able to help transform lives across the globe. We were even featured by my local news station. It is all I could ask for and more.
Current Leadership Initiatives student