International Business and Leadership Summit
A life-changing opportunity to gain business experience unlike any other
Make a difference in the world today
Support people and families in the developing world and make a positive impact as you learn
Create real solutions for real businesses
Work directly with entrepreneurs in developing nations to solve the problems facing their businesses
College application assistance from experts
Prepare for college with included test preparation, scholarship and admissions assistance
The U.S. State Department
And many more!
From organizations like:
Booz Allen Hamilton
Johnson & Johnson
Create solutions with leading experts
Research problems and present your solutions to a panel of international development experts
Chip Kunde, VP of Government Relations, Sysco
Wike Kaiser, Senior VP, Citigroup
Brian N Wenny, Sr Scientist, NASA
Bill Stefan, Director for Enterprise Management, Department of Defense
And many more!
Rick Kuehn, Commander, 452 Airlift Control Flight, U.S. Air Force
Ahmed Mohammed, Director of Talent Acquisition, Dartmouth College
Explore career options with industry leaders
Explore career opportunities with over 400 mentors from organizations like the FBI, Exxon, the Secret Service, and on Capitol Hill
Connect with peers from across the country
Explore the nation's capital and have fun with peers from all over the U.S.
Meet foreign leaders and diplomats
Meet leaders and diplomats at foreign embassies in Washington, D.C.
The International Business and Leadership Summit
The International Business and Leadership Summit is a one-week program hosted at Georgetown University. Participants will meet with global leaders and collaborate with high school students from across the country to develop solutions for real-world problems facing businesses in developing nations.
Duration: 7 days
June 16th-June 22nd
July 14th-July 20th
Location: Washington, DC
An Unparalleled Educational Experience
2018 International Leadership and Business Summit Program
All Inclusive Tuition Cost-$2850
*Registration Before March 1st, $2650
|International Leadership & Business Summit||June 16th- June 22nd||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available|
|International Leadership & Business Summit||July 14th-July 20th||Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.||Registration Still Available|
- Arrive on campus-meet student partners from around the world
- Conduct international Skype calls with business partner translators
- Work with on-site development experts to understand business partner problems.
- Start working with college admissions experts for future applications
- Skype directly with your business partner
- Partake in College Admissions panel with experts from: Dartmouth, Georgetown, Harvard, University of Virginia, American University, UCLA, Stanford and more.
- Work with development experts on project solutions from State Department, NASA, Pentagon, Peace Corps, World Bank and more.
- *Fun Event-Sumo Wrestling
- Embassy Tours: People’s Republic of China, France, Sweden, Israel, Austria, South Korea and Turkey
- European Union lecture/debate focusing on international development and immigration issues.
- Nigerian Embassy Immersion Event-Students meet with top diplomats, eat Nigerian cuisine and discuss problems facing their business partner
- Exclusive tours of the U.S. State Department, U.S. Capital and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Capitol Lunch event on the Capitol Steps
- Exclusive National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Smithsonian Tours of the Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, American History Museum and Natural History Museum
- Work with additional development experts on project solutions from Sysco Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, the U.S. Air Force, Nigerian Embassy and more.
- Skype directly with your business partner in Nigeria
- Develop final solution ideas
- Meet with SAT/ACT training experts
- Presentation Workshop with experts from Georgetown University, Peace Corps and World Bank.
- Career Fair with individuals from the State Department, NASA, World Bank, Booz Allen Hamilton, ABC News, Congressional Advisors, Exxonmobil and more.
- Final Presentation in front of judges from Dartmouth, United Nations, State Department and the Pentagon
- Night Tour Celebration at Georgetown Harbor
- Internship Fair-students meet with top interns and create internship application plan
- College Application Seminar-students create long-term college application plan
- Georgetown Walking Tour
Choose Your Area Of Focus And Business Partner
We bring in specialized mentors, experts and instructors for each focus area
Program Tuition & Assistance
What our students are saying
I take pride in the work I do with Leadership Initiatives because the ideas I come up with and the decisions I make are of great value. I get to change someone’s life and that is what drives me every day. I have never stepped foot in Bauchi, Nigeria, but it is my goal to change lives for generations to come.
Taught new welding techniques and designed a logo for business partner
Leadership Initiatives opens doors for all those involved. For example, When I was accepted into Georgetown University, LI line up calls for me to speak with a professor about scholarship opportunities and a neurosurgeon to speak about medical school
Former LI student now attending University of Notre Dame
Because of my participation in the program, I have received SAT training, scholarship assistance, a mentor and will soon have my collage essays reviewed while I am able to help transform lives across the globe. We were even featured by my local news station. It is all I could ask for and more.
Current Leadership Initiatives student